Monday, December 8, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

You know how sometimes you think about how things are going to work out & it seems so nice in your head....but then you actually do it & it is nothing like you imagined?? That is how our Christmas is going so far. I spent a lot of time thinking about how to decorate a tree with a 2 year old who is way too curious for his own good. We decided to just do lights & ribbon. When we got that done & stood back to look at the tree, it was just a disappointment. I mean, it really reminded me of the Charlie Brown Christmas tree. So, I started trying to think of ornaments that wouldn't break. I looked online & finally justed headed to Walmart to see what I could find that would look ok & not cost a fortune. I found "shatterproof" (aka plastic) ornaments that look just like the glass ball ornaments. Now, I have to admit that my thought was "Shatterproof? Yeah right! Give Joshua 3 minutes or less & this thing will be in bits!". Surprisingly, he has thrown them down the hall, bitten them, played with them, etc & they are all still in one piece! And, they only cost $5 a box & don't look bad at all. Our tree now has red & gold ornaments, which is something I have wanted to do for a few years now (we don't do a themed tree). Anyway, Joshua LOVES the Christmas tree. He gets excited every single time he sees it. I mean, it is really like he is seeing it for the first time every time. And he is continually pulling the ornaments off. He has gotten to the point of putting them back on the branch when I catch him. Here are some pictures of him enjoying the tree:




Posted by Picasa

No comments: