Wednesday, September 12, 2012

First Days of School

Can you believe Joshua has started kindergarten? It might be more unbelievable that I am finally posting about it (or anything for that matter)! I was so nervous about him starting school & being at a new place with new people & not knowing anyone. However, he has done fantastic. He seems to love his teacher & everyone who works with him, as well as his new friends in his class. He tells me most days that he did good at kindergarten & that he wants to go back. John & I really like his teacher. She seems to be exactly what he needs. She & the aide that works with her are super organized. I have no idea how they do it! They really must love their jobs. I can't imagine how much time it takes to prepare for all of the different needs in their class & how much patience it takes to do what they do each & every day...without any kind of a break! Seriously, I think they are amazing! So, the first day was rough. We found out the Wednesday before school started that Joshua would have to go to a different school than we are zoned for to get all of the services he needed. Yes, you read that right. We had 5 days notice that he would be starting school at a different school than we had registered him at & taken him to visit. It worked out for the best, but still...it was short notice. We didn't get the registration paperwork in advance, so on the first day, I had to do all of that. I also didn't anticipate the chaos of "first day of school" traffic & parking! So, we were technically a couple of minutes late. I had to park at the bottom of a hill (blocking the lower parking lot, no less, as that was the only place left to park) & walk Joshua up the hill, carrying Timothy. After getting Joshua to his teacher, I had to wait with the tons of other parents to get the registration paperwork. Timothy was unhappy that I wouldn't let him run wild in the cafeteria while I filled out all of the papers (which I had filled out at a different school in April - but that is beside the point :)). Then it was back to line to wait more. Luckily, I had gone down & moved my car into the parking lot when it cleared out a bit so that other people could get in. I also carried 2 bags of school supplies & Timothy up that hill again! By the time we finished everything, I had missed breakfast with some girls I had done a study with this summer on the book, "Going Public". Needless to say, we didn't get the cute first day of school picture in front of the school. But, I did finally remember to take a picture of him with his backpack as we were heading out on the 14th day of school (or something like that).


 This really was the best picture I could get. The one where he was smiling, he was just a blur because he was walking towards me. Oh well! I promise he loves school!

Last week, Timothy started 2 year old Mother's Day Out. He wasn't so sure about it, but he didn't cry. He seemed to have a good time. I think it will be fun for him again this year. There is no chaotic story about his first day. And, I managed to get a picture of him at home as we were leaving...wearing his backpack. How is he big enough for a backpack??


How precious is that smile! If you have seen my FB page, you know he got a big boy haircut since this picture was taken. He looks so much older now! Also on FB, you will find a video of him "reading" part of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" - I know I'm completely biased, but it is precious!

I make no promises about when I will find time to post again! My little Etsy business is keeping me busy most days. If you haven't already, check out my shop @ www.peachfuzzgifts.etsy.com & like it on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/peachfuzzgifts.

No comments: