Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Joshua's Summer

This picture pretty much sums up Joshua:


He seems to be enjoying his summer. This is his first summer in 3 years to not have therapy most days. He is only doing one class once a week & will start his horseback riding again in a few weeks. I have some other things in mind for him but just haven't made the calls yet. Not sure what would keep me too busy to be on the phone :)


I think his favorite thing about summer is anything to do with water. We don't play outside tons since Timothy is still so little (& he hates the water) but Joshua loves it when we do. He doesn't care if it is the sprinkler, the splash pool, or just his sand & water table....he loves it all. The first time I took the splash pool out was quite an experience. I couldn't find the attachment for our air pump so I had to blow the thing up myself. I carried Timothy out with me to take it out back to fill it up so that the water could warm up a little. Joshua was sitting on the couch by the window most of the time watching me. After I finished filling the pool, I dropped the hose on the patio & the handle busted, sending water spraying everywhere. Water was spraying straight towards the gate on the fence, so I was going to get soaked going through the gate to turn the water off. I decided it was better to just walk through the house & go around from the front. That's when I discovered that Joshua had locked me out! After freaking out for a moment, I grabbed the hose to move it so that I could get out without getting soaked. Unfortunately, when I moved it, Timothy got sprayed in the face by a small stream of water (I was holding him, so I got sprayed too). I took him around to turn off the water & saw our neighbor's adult son in her yard. He let me use his phone to call John. Of course, John didn't answer the first time I called so I had to call again. After he stopped laughing at me, he left work to come let me in. The neighbor's son came to the back door & tried to use a credit card to get me in. Then we found out the dead bolt was locked. Joshua was sitting on the couch by the window smiling & watching tv the entire time! Timothy & I hung out in the one spot that actually had shade where I could still see Joshua too. Luckily John doesn't work too far from home! I take me keys with me now if I walk out without Joshua!

No comments: