Friday, November 21, 2008

"Airplane, please"

I really do need to post an update on Joshua. There have been many doctors appointments & therapy sessions & there are a couple of upcoming tests. He has made tons of progress. I will try to get an update posted in the next few days. But for now...

He has learned a ton of signs to communicate....probably 50 or so. He has been putting 2 together to ask for things (cookie please, eat more, more cracker, etc). Today he even put three together...more cookie please. Anyway, a few days ago we were playing in the playroom & I heard an airplane. Airplanes are one of his favorite things & we see them all the time when we are out walking & even from the front windows in our house. I asked Joshua if he heard the airplane & he ran over to the window. During the 3-5 minutes or so that we sat there we saw 6 airplanes fly overhead. After the last one was gone, Joshua looked at me & signed "airplane, please". All I could do was laugh. Too bad I can't make airplanes appear!

No comments: