Thursday, April 2, 2009

Looking Back

In honor of my birthday month...and starting my 30s, I thought it would be fun to look back over my 20s & share some stories/pictures. Its amazing how much can change in 10 years!!

I tried to think of something really memorable that happened in my very early 20s...either my memory is really bad, or life was rather boring at that point (maybe life is just too crazy now!). I think most people who read this didn't know me until around the time I got married. Almost no one knows that I have a degree in math with a minor in chemistry. I would definitely have chosen differently if I had that to do over again! Anyway, my sophomore year of college I did an undergraduate research project in math (yes, there is actually math research!), and my paper, which I co-authored with a professor, was published in the Alabama Journal of Mathematics!! I tried to see if the article was online, but the online archives don't go back that far! I don't remember much about the research...something about prime factors. Hilarious to think that ten years ago, I had an article published in a math journal & now I have trouble cooking meatloaf!

No comments: