Monday, March 9, 2009

In a Hurry

With the time change & addition of black-out curtains to his room, Joshua has been sleeping until around 8:00 the last few mornings. Now, before you start thinking I have it easy...he doesn't take a nap (except for falling asleep in the car for a few minutes on occasion) & he goes to sleep after 8:00 at night. Anyway, I had to wake him up this morning a little before 8:00 because he had an appointment at 9:00. I had only been up about 15 minutes before I got him up, so I wasn't ready to go at that point either. Between giving him his medicine, getting his breakfast on the table, letting the dog in & out, and getting John's lunch ready, I barely had time to get myself ready & ended up having to eat pop-tarts in the car for breakfast. I was driving through a neighborhood about 1 mile from our appointment, when a police officer stepped out of a bunch of bushes & waved me over. He asked for my license & proof of insurance, so I was hoping this was just a random check point. He then told me I was speeding...the speed limit on that street was 20....was anyone not speeding?? He wrote me up for 34 in a 20....coming downhill. I didn't look at my speedometer, so I have no idea how fast I was going. I didn't argue with him...I just took my ticket...my very first ticket. Obviously I deserved a ticket but I was hoping for a little grace! Not today. So, we were late for the appointment & now I have to pay a ridiculous amount of money to that city....or go to traffic court. I almost made it to the age of 30 without a speeding ticket.

No comments: