Friday, February 20, 2009

Another ER Visit....

And no, it wasn't Joshua this time...or John. John says I must have been jealous since I was the only one in the family who hadn't been to the ER...at least not since we have been a family. It all started about 2 and a half weeks ago. I had some chest pain once or twice a couple of days. I got concerned after it happened a few times so I went to the doctor who told me it was probably stress related & gave me some medication in case there was any damage (beginning of an ulcer type thing). Over that weekend, I had some dizzy spells & felt my heart beat fast every once in a while. I went back to the doctor this past Monday & had an EKG, which was normal. He sent me the next day for an echo to test for mitral valve prolapse. The echo was also normal. That night, I started having sharp chest pains off & on. After 4 hours, I got panicked & got super shaky. After talking to John about it for 15-20 minutes, we decided I needed to get to the ER. My dad came & sat with Joshua (who was at that point sleeping...however, he awoke to find my dad & decided he needed some midnight playtime). We got the the ER after midnight & they ran all sorts of tests....EKG, x-rays, CT, blood work, and didn't find anything. I went in today for a stress test, but won't know the results until early next week. The tech that did the stress test said my EKG stayed normal the entire time & they got my heart rate up to 190!! So, she said that was a good sign. The doctors still seem to think it is an upper GI problem....probably related to stress. With all of the stress we have had for the past year or so, they think that it is just now catching up to me. However, there are a couple of other things that it could be, but they are minor & should go away on their own if that is the case. I would appreciate your prayers, as I would love to have a day with no chest pain soon, and as we await the results of the stress test, to hopefully rule out any heart issues.

1 comment:

Angie Davis said...

I'll pray for you tonight Chris. I had similar symptoms (still have them on and off, and they happen most when I am stressed)and tests a while back and they all came back normal too....they assumed upper GI as well. The theory I have for myself is that I never feel or act stressed (personality?) and so it seems to manifest itself physically?

Keep us posted!