Tuesday, July 29, 2008

No Substitutes

Being a stay-at-home mom, I try to save money where we can. So, I do buy store brands on a lot of things when you really can't tell the difference. I had always bought Joshua Gerber snacks....puffs, crunchies, fruit strips...I think I have purchased all of them at some time or another. A few months back he started eating puffs all the time. We were going through a can every 2 days. So, I started going to Walmart & buying the Parent's Choice puffs. Fortunately, he doesn't eat them nearly as much now, but still eats them on occasion. A couple of weeks ago, we were at Walmart & I was on the snack isle getting some fruit strips when Joshua saw the puffs. He started pointing excitedly, so I handed him a can of the Parent's Choice puffs. He shook his head no violently & pointed back at the shelf. I handed him the Gerber container & he got so excited. I guess he was tired of the cheaper ones!

If you haven't bought Pedialyte lately, it is kind of pricey. After Joshua had a stomach virus around Easter, I found that Target has a store brand for Pedialyte, so I had bought 2 bottles to have on hand. When he had his stomach virus a couple of weeks ago, I got out the stuff & he took one sip & pushed it away. I tried 2 or 3 times to get him to drink it out of various cups, a medicine dropper & even a bottle. He would have nothing to do with it. So, I headed out to our local grocery store & paid the $6 or so a bottle for real Pedialyte & he drank every drop I gave him.

I think he takes after his Daddy!

1 comment:

dad2aandj said...

Chris,
I hope everyone is finally recovering. I'll definitely be praying for the fever and resulting seizures to be long gone. Enough is enough with that. We only did that once at our house a few years ago, but that was too much.
We have had rounds of these crazy viruses lately though, and it's annoying enough all on its own.

Thinking of you and hoping all is well. -T