Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Update

I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know how we are doing these days. Joshua is feeling much better. He has had a little cold but nothing major since he got over the ear infection. With all of the sickness going around, I hate taking him anywhere these days! Hopefully all of that will pass quickly & we will continue to avoid any more bugs! He is teething (still). He only has 8 more teeth to go & 4 of those are 2yr old molars. Maybe he will get these other 4 soon and we can have a little break from teething pain.

I am doing better. The miscarriage is still on my mind often...not guilt or anger or anything like that. Its just hard to believe I was pregnant a few weeks ago and now I'm not...and we didn't bring home a new baby. I'm not depressed or sad all of the time, its just something that seems to stay in the back of my mind. I don't think that is a bad thing, though. I want to include a link to the lyrics from a Watermark song that someone sent me as we were going through the miscarriage. The song is "Glory Baby". While it was really hard to read or listen to as we were going through the miscarriage, it has been comforting. I think the song captures the pain that expectant parents go through when they experience miscarriage, but also shares the hope that comes from knowing your baby is in heaven & you will see them one day.

John is doing well these days. Work is keeping him super busy, but he loves his job. Luckily he & Belle have managed to stay well for the past couple of months. Hopefully it will stay that way. The only thing that bothers Belle lately is Joshua chasing her through the house. It is brings him endless joy & laughter but just frustrates Belle!

No comments: