Thursday, November 29, 2007

Where did my fruit go??

The little one already seems to be finding ways to get around eating things he doesn't want....other than just throwing food on the floor, which he is quite good at. He had been in a rut where he only wanted peaches, pears & pineapples. And of course that has now changed. After he turned his head to peaches yesterday at lunch, I pulled out some pears. He wouldn't touch them, so I put one in the bowl that he was playing with. As I was picking up other things that he had thrown to the floor (cup, spoon, food, etc), I realized the pear was gone. I thought I had tricked him! So, I put another pear in his bowl, and in a few minutes it was gone too. When I picked him up from his booster seat after lunch, I found two pears in his seat & a big wet spot on his pants where he had been sitting on them. I had forgotten about his little trick of sticking things under himself while he eats. Usually I see him do it & he just smiles at me as I pull whatever food (& sometimes the spoon) back out from under him. Its great to be outsmarted by a one year old!

No comments: