Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Speed Dial

I should preface this with the fact that I know nothing about how to operate my cell phone beyond just making phone calls. The most advanced thing I do is use voice recognition to make calls without dialing...and usually that doesn't work out so well. For example, I say "Call John Mobile 1" and my phone says "Calling Parents Home"??? It always frustrates me!


Joshua, like most babies, has a fascination with my cell phone. He has loved to play with it for months, which has never been a problem. Until this week, that is. He learned to open it & is always turning up the ring volume or turning it to silent; turning on the camera; or turning on the voice recognition. Over the weekend, he called my brother, but we couldn't figure out how he did it. Then, he called my dad's work number and John's work number. After about 3 days, I finally saw him hold down a button & then the display said "calling Jason Mobile"...that's how I learned I had speed dial. It was cute at first, but then this morning, he called John's cell phone while John was at Bible study & had forgotten to turn his cell phone off. I thought I had caught it in time, but John said it rang once. Later in the morning, Joshua called my doctor's office (obviously, I have no idea which speed dial number corresponds to each number on my contact list or how they ended up in that order). At that point, I sat down & figured out how to lock the keypad. Now he can play with my phone all he wants without calling everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute baby