Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Update #2

This little guy isn't quite a fan of water yet, but we keep trying!

I really can't believe Timothy will be 2 next month! It has gone by way too fast! He also has changed tons over the past several months. We are continually amazed at how much he knows. He has been able to recognize & say his letters for a few months now but he has started saying the alphabet (leaving out N most of the time) & even singing the alphabet song. I have heard him singing the clean up song in the car. He sings other things but I usually can't quite figure them out :) He can count to 10. He finishes everything by clapping his hands & saying "yaaaayyyy". He knows his shapes & some colors most of the time. He sits down & "reads" books to himself. He has started some pretend play (something we never experienced with Joshua). Timothy has a pretty amazing vocabulary for his age. My favorite things that he says right now are dirty pronounced "door-yay" & wrinkles pronounced "minkles". He recently discovered wrinkles on his fingers after he was in the bath & cried because he couldn't wipe them off! He loves seeing animals at the zoo, or the cat at the end of our street. He is still a momma's boy but he has learned to show some love to other people. He still isn't thrilled about being left in the nursery at church but he hasn't cried for a few weeks. He still gives me a pained look when I hand him over though. I'm guessing he will be running in to play soon & I will miss the days when he didn't want to leave me! He seems to be enjoying having Joshua at home this summer. Joshua being in school every day this fall will probably be a bit tough on him, but I think he will enjoy having mommy all to himself some again.

No comments: