Sunday, May 6, 2012

Disney Day 5 - Epcot

 Our fifth day started with a luau themed breakfast at O'Hana in the Polynesian. There was a monkey bread type pastry, fruit, eggs, bacon, potatoes, biscuits, & Mickey shaped waffles. It was a buffet but they brought everything to your table on platters.


The boys with Lilo.


Stitch & the boys. I don't think they knew what to think of that!


Hugs from Mickey.


Loving Pluto!


Pluto being funny. John's mom said this should be our Christmas card this year...I will have to keep it in mind when the time comes :)


As we rode the monorail in, Timothy said "Ball!!!"


CeCe & the boys.

Our first stop in Epcot was Soarin'. We weren't sure if Joshua would like it or not but decided to try. We used the Fast Pass line & only had to wait maybe 10 minutes. Joshua fussed the whole time & started crying when we got in our seats. As soon as the ride started he got quiet & seemed to really take it all in. I had read that Soarin' was probably the best ride in the park for all ages & I think we would agree! It is definitely a must see! We saw signs that Test Track had run out of Fast Passes within an hour, I think. We weren't going to take Joshua on that one but I think John would have liked it. From there we went to The Seas with Nemo & Friends. I think the boys enjoyed it. They really liked all of the aquariums in the rest of the building.


 Joshua & Timothy looking in one of the aquariums. Please note that Joshua again is wearing his lei but this time he has it sash-style. I think he was trying to start a trend. Every time we fixed it, he moved it back like this!


We were visiting during the Flower & Garden Festival so everything was especially pretty! From Nemo, we went to Spaceship Earth. We had a special waiting area for people with Guest Assistance Cards. The ride wasn't super exciting but it was nice to sit for a bit.

From there we went to the World Showcase. We ate lunch at La Cantina in Mexico. John & I had tacos, chips & popsicles. We ate overlooking the water. We then went to Gran Fiesta Tour. It is an indoor boat ride so Joshua was content. I think it made Timothy sleepy. Then we went to Norway & rode Maelstrom, another indoor boat ride. It scared Timothy a little since it was dark. There was a waterfall that you went down backwards but that was no big deal. Then there was a forward drop that was much bigger & I don't think either boy was prepared for that. It still wasn't scary though...just the dark & loud noises made it slightly scary for Timothy. After that we decided to head back to the hotel.


Timothy decided on the monorail to start wearing my sunglasses. Ever since I can't wear them without him asking for them :)

That evening, John & I went back to Epcot while his mom watched the boys. We were able to see some of the Chinese acrobats' performance before our dinner reservations. We ate dinner at Tutto Italia & it was wonderful. I had fettuccine that was amazing! The servings were massive. After dinner we stopped back by the China pavilion to watch the "Reflections of China" movie. It was a great movie & captured the beauty of China. It was fun seeing that & the replica of the Temple of Heaven (which I visited while I was in China).

No comments: