Sunday, October 31, 2010

Costumes

We had some issues with costumes this year. I knew I wanted Timothy to be a pumpkin. I had originally said it would be cute for Joshua to be Charlie Brown...then they could be the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown :) Then as Halloween got closer I wanted Joshua to be Jimmie Johnson, the NASCAR driver. Unfortunately, we couldn't find a costume except on Ebay & those were selling for $50+ not including shipping. I refused to pay that much, so the Monday before Halloween we decided on Charlie Brown. I went out & got a yellow shirt & black felt and sat up until midnight on Thursday making the shirt for him to wear at school on Friday. Everyone there loved it! I had bought Timothy's pumpkin costume earlier in October at a consignment sale. It was tagged as a 9 month size, and it was the only pumpkin costume they had in the 6 - 12 month sizes. I didn't realize it was home-made until after I got it home (which was fine). I started thinking it might actually be larger than a 9 month size (note: Timothy can actually wear some 9 month outfits at 10 weeks!). I tried the hat on him on Saturday...it was huge:



He looks like a genie!



It fit pretty well on Joshua though!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: